Our Services

Our educational consultant services


We provide the direction and support needed to help your child in the placement in a boarding school. These schools are where students live on campus and have supervision by staff and dorm parents. Traditional boarding schools have admission requirements and vary in age, grade level and gender.


We provide the support to parents in helping them understand small boarding schools and the difference between small and larger boarding schools. The difference can be in size and gender, depending on the requirements of the school. As consultants we help parents understand this difference and the application process which is offered to domestic and international student.


Our consultant works with Wolfeboro Summer Boarding School . Thus school is located in News Hampshire providing support for students looking at enrollment in a traditional boarding school . We work with domes it and international students


Boarding Schools require a different type of testing for admission. This is usually administers at different sites and requires pre registration. Our consultant can advise each parent on this testing and generally a essay is required for admission to a boarding school along with academic records.



We will discuss the application for a military boarding school, the admission process and the type of students who might fit well in this setting. We will work with the family to decide if this is the correct setting for your child. Most military boarding schools can lead to a military career, which might include prestigious schools like West Point, the Naval Academy, and the Air Force Academy. We can help the family understand the difference and the possibility for acceptance.


We provide placement in day schools. These schools are generally on campus either at a day school or perhaps a boarding school but they are private schools not public schools. Our consultant will work with your family in these setting with your child. Generally these schools range from K-12.


We help families of landed immigrants looking at private and some public school placement. Many families relocating to this country, need our direction and support. We help find the best learning environment for your child based on his/her native languages. An environment where your child is safe and protected and secure.


We offer to help parents with children with learning difference. This might include: ADD or ADHD. Boarding schools for students with learning differences and funding a school really depends on the needs of the student. Therefore we need to identify those needs before making a recommendation.


Charter schools are becoming an increase in School Choice by the Department of Education. This funding for schools is clearly one where the parents contribute and the Department of Education matches these funds for public education. It has received praise and criticism among the education community. Parents needing our help can have a 30 minute consultation with our consultants to address this challenge with their children. The options families have can range from charter to magnet to independent to private schools but not all charter schools accept funding or payment by the Department of Education for your child. In most cases, parents must pay tuition and depending on the state the decision to offer funding is state by state. 


A gap year program is for a student who might not be ready for college and needs a different experience. In this case, we review our GAP year placement option. Gap year is for achievement oriented students not failing or poor performance students.

Gap year students are becoming increasing more popular with a decrease in students attending school remotely or online. The raising cost of tuition and the number of student taking online courses has changed the focus to mote students pursuit career base studies or alternative. education options.

Student with Special Needs

We provide help for Students with Visual Disabilities. The Perkins School is the world's largest school for Students with visual neglect


We work directly with the local school district or local education agency to address your student's IEP 504 or manifestation plan with special needs students. In most cases, we will attend an IEP meeting and contact the district or schools who are responsible for the services of the special needs child. We also advocate on behalf of the family, and discuss with the behavioral health agency their responsibility for the transition process to help the family. While there can be no guarantee in many cases, parents must understand this is a long process. The time frame is sometimes beyond the time of the placement. This includes our follow-up and the transition piece after leaving the program. In some cases, we seek legal advice for the families we serve to address their needs.


Many times, we will refer a student to a wilderness program before attending school. These programs offer 52 -100 days in the wilderness with clinical and education staff. The ages do vary from children to young adults and the setting might vary in parts of the country or a different state. We work with the staff at these programs, which are clinically more intensive treatments. Many programs are designed to teach life skills and provide therapy support. We work with the entire family in this setting. Wilderness programs have summer and year-round programs designed to help students with leadership and/or social skills. These programs rotate with varied ages and genders to allow students to move from one intervention experience to another. Some programs now have family camp programs, which are added to help the dynamic of the family therapy and others address addictive behavior or challenges. We also work with the field staff keeping parents informed of the child's location, physical health and medical concerns in the program, including working in many instances in family therapy in an outdoor experience. 


We provide help for parents who have transgender or dealing with gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is where a child is born a male but identifies with being male or female. The student might have problems in each or both areas and its very complicated to the child and they need help both in mental health and development.

Therapeutic Boarding School for Girls

We provide help for younger girls in programs like Lake House Academy which specializes in working with girls ages 11-17.

Girls Boarding Schools

How Hockaday Prevents the Spread of COVID-19

Young Adult Programs 

Young Adult Programs can range between ages 14-30 years of age depending on the program. We provide direction and support to families directing them to the right program. Our consultant will pinpoint the right program for the student or young adult moving toward adulthood. This link is to one of the many programs Discuss with ours consultant the right program for bys or girls.


Typically adolescents in a alcohol or drug treatment program are separate from adults. Adolescents are not placed by our consultant in adult programs. It simply does not something we would consider or do in treatment. Some adolescents have a dual diagnosis but this still is separate in our placement decision. Those with a psychiatric and chemical dependency diagnosis would be thoughtfully placed in the right setting.


Some students may need placement in an intensive treatment program. These might be step-down or step-up programs for these families. Each program depends on the needs of the student. These might include work simplification or supervised programming designed for independence and life skills to help your child cope with an emotional challenge. This might be particularly true for a student who needs supervision and medication management. This may also apply to a student with a serious need for medication monitoring, due to safety issues.

We provide placement in intensive treatment programs for adolescents through adults. Our consultant is able to transition those individuals from a detox program to a program assessing to more intensive treatment needs.

Residential Programs for Young WOMEN:

Some students may need a residential program. This type of program provides supervision and support and may be a closed or locked unit. There are exceptions, but our placement does not include a state-funded or an insurance-based program in this type of placement setting. We will explain all of the details of this placement and the differences and similarities to therapeutic boarding schools. Many of our residential programs include treatment for eating disorders or sexual abuse issues, as well as developmental disabilities or those who have physical limitations due to a disability. We work with parents to help them understand the services available in their community as an advocate, helping with IEP's and 504 plans.


We offer individualized counselling for families and children from pre school to young adults. These services require assessment and meeting with patents either virtually or in person when safe. Normally we would have parents to schedule a meeting on our calendar. However since COVID 19 we will meet through Zoom or Google Meets to discuss your needs. We help with all aspects of your child's education from grade level to improving behavior through tor Services. Our consultant will meet with your family to discuss all of the options you have.


We provide counseling for children and families to address the needs of your child. This can be done remotely through zoom or conference calling. All you do it to make an appointment with our consultant either remotely or a phone call to arrange a interview in person or on your computer.


We direct families to scholarship and tax-credit resources. We also encourage our families to complete the FAFSA for college lending and discuss loan programs to help families with the affordability of going to an independent school or a private college. We also work with struggling teens in crisis. Most of our students apply for some financial aid in a boarding school. However, financial support in a therapeutic school is provided by the parent. While we cannot guarantee scholarships or financial aid, we do help families in this aspect of placement, usually addressing this with the school. We do not offer grants to students. This is an entirely different process and applies to college admission. This does not apply to independent schools or therapeutic schools or programs. We discuss many of our resources in the meeting. We must meet with you to address these various areas. Many times, in the case of special needs students, funding with a school district may apply to attending a program. Even children who come from adopted families can obtain subsidy support. 


Financial Aid is a big challenge for parents looking at private school placement. We offer direction and support in understanding the process.

For private day or boarding schools.

We offer help to parents looking a boarding day and therapeutic placement. This can be confusing to some parents who believe all schools have a scholarship program. Many therapeutic programs offers a different support. Our consultant helps families in both areas in this needed support.


We provide placement in private boarding schools . This include Choate Rosemary an private co educational boarding school

This is one of the many boarding schools located in Knew Jersey. They offer summer and year around educational services for students both domestically and internationally.

Translation Services:

We offer translation services for our clients which includes Zoom conferencing and video chat. This is a prepaid services billed to us and we collect the fees from our clients. We will pre schedule the video call between the hours of 8 EST and 8EST. We generally schedule you using our appointment book.


We provide placement at the Knolls and treatment program for women with an eating disorder or substance abuse.

The program provides intensive treatment and individual treatment for women. We understand the placement needs of women who need this type of setting. Typically and complete evaluation is done on-site and the average length of stay can vary from 3 to 6 to 12 months.

Trails of Carolina and Trails Momentum

Diamond Ranch Academy Is for Struggling Adolescents

Trails and Diamond Ranch Academy are therapeutic programs we work with which are located in Asheville North Carolina and Hurricane Utah.

Launch is a young adult program through the Heritage School

When Will Kids Begin Receiving Covid-19 Vaccines? The Debate On Wearing A Mask




We Offer A Free 30 Minute Initial Consultation With Parents

 alt tag    

Professional Member

Schedule An Appointment

Thank you for your interest in our services!
Please click below to schedule an appointment.

office hours

08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday (by appointment)


Educational Planning & Counseling Services

   alt tag   alt tag

Affiliations and memberships