our services


These include day schools, co-educational boarding schools, and boarding schools for girls and boys.


We offer to help parents with children with learning difference. This might include: ADD or ADHD. Boarding schools for students with learning differences and funding a school really depends on the needs of the student. Therefore we need to identify those needs before making a recommendation.


We help families of landed immigrants looking at private and some public school placement. Many families relocating to this country, need our direction and support. We help find the best learning environment for your child based on his/her native languages. An environment where your child is safe and protected and secure.


We provide placement in day schools. These schools are generally on campus either at a day school or perhaps a boarding school but they are private schools not public schools. Our consultant will work with your family in these setting with your child. Generally these schools range from K-12.

Residential Programs for Young WOMEN:

Some students may need a residential program. This type of program provides supervision and support and may be a closed or locked unit. There are exceptions, but our placement does not include a state-funded or an insurance-based program in this type of placement setting. We will explain all of the details of this placement and the differences and similarities to therapeutic boarding schools. Many of our residential programs include treatment for eating disorders or sexual abuse issues, as well as developmental disabilities or those who have physical limitations due to a disability. We work with parents to help them understand the services available in their community as an advocate, helping with IEP's and 504 plans.


We will discuss the application for a military boarding school, the admission process and the type of students who might fit well in this setting. We will work with the family to decide if this is the correct setting for your child. Most military boarding schools can lead to a military career, which might include prestigious schools like West Point, the Naval Academy, and the Air Force Academy. We can help the family understand the difference and the possibility for acceptance.


Some students may need placement in an intensive treatment program. These might be step-down or step-up programs for these families. Each program depends on the needs of the student. These might include work simplification or supervised programming designed for independence and life skills to help your child cope with an emotional challenge. This might be particularly true for a student who needs supervision and medication management. This may also apply to a student with a serious need for medication monitoring, due to safety issues.

We provide placement in intensive treatment programs for adolescents through adults. Our consultant is able to transition those individuals from a detox program to a program assessing to more intensive treatment needs.


Charter schools are becoming an increase in School Choice by the Department of Education. This funding for schools is clearly one where the parents contribute and the Department of Education matches these funds for public education. It has received praise and criticism among the education community. Parents needing our help can have a 30 minute consultation with our consultants to address this challenge with their children. The options families have can range from charter to magnet to independent to private schools but not all charter schools accept funding or payment by the Department of Education for your child. In most cases, parents must pay tuition and depending on the state the decision to offer funding is state by state. 


Some parents may be looking for a summer boarding school. We work with these parents to locate the best summer boarding school or program. While many parents may confuse summer boarding schools with a camp program, we clarify the difference to help you to determine the best option. Most summer boarding schools have strong academic preparation for college or for boarding school. These programs are very different from summer boarding school.


We provide help to students who are interested in studying abroad. This is a very complex area from studying in the early grades to college. We generally work with families looking at boarding schools. Although we find after attending a boarding school students are proficient in English after completing secondary school or grade 12. They are more prepared to enter into a college and need our help at the secondary level. We help parents and families make these decisions before they even consider a college or university. Most students are required to take the TOFEL before applying for college but in boarding school, they have classes to improve their proficiency making admission much easier. Therefore, we are more helpful to parents in the early grades and this is also helpful to schools as well. Students attending Canadian boarding schools are often sent to boarding schools


Cushing Academy is a co-educational boarding school for grades 9-12. located about 1 hour and 30 minutes outside of Boston. We recently visited Cushing which has a great sense of community and students from all over the country international students attend Cushing with strong academic support Cushing students thrive well at the school with everything from athletics to performing arts to creative arts to music it's a great school for transfer students having fall and winter enrollment as well with a large campus and individuals dorms for bys based on9 grade level and the same for girls.


A gap year program is for a student who might not be ready for college and needs a different experience. In this case, we review our GAP year placement option. Gap year is for achievement oriented students not failing or poor performance students.

Gap year students are becoming increasing more popular with a decrease in students attending school remotely or online. The raising cost of tuition and the number of student taking online courses has changed the focus to mote students pursuit career base studies or alternative. education options.


We direct families to scholarship and tax-credit resources. We also encourage our families to complete the FAFSA for college lending and discuss loan programs to help families with the affordability of going to an independent school or a private college. We also work with struggling teens in crisis. Most of our students apply for some financial aid in a boarding school. However, financial support in a therapeutic school is provided by the parent. While we cannot guarantee scholarships or financial aid, we do help families in this aspect of placement, usually addressing this with the school. We do not offer grants to students. This is an entirely different process and applies to college admission. This does not apply to independent schools or therapeutic schools or programs. We discuss many of our resources in the meeting. We must meet with you to address these various areas. Many times, in the case of special needs students, funding with a school district may apply to attending a program. Even children who come from adopted families can obtain subsidy support. 


We work with international students and families in school placement in boarding and day schools. We offer the opportunity to discuss the admission process and follow-up during the college years. A placement in school for a student who might need to learn English as a second language (often referred to as an ESL student) and this requirement before entering college. Many of our international students have come to us needing this type of help with basic language or reading and writing remediation. We help these students develop a greater command of the language. We also help parents with the admission process, costs, sponsorship, student visas, and enrollment fees on a case-by-case basis. All US schools require an I-20 visa and a legal passport to enter the country to study. We make sure all of these documents are completed and in compliance with this federal mandate. We also work with the school, either as a domestic or international student from abroad. We are currently working with schools in the UK, Spain, Germany, China and Latin America.


We work directly with the local school district or local education agency to address your student's IEP 504 or manifestation plan with special needs students. In most cases, we will attend an IEP meeting and contact the district or schools who are responsible for the services of the special needs child. We also advocate on behalf of the family, and discuss with the behavioral health agency their responsibility for the transition process to help the family. While there can be no guarantee in many cases, parents must understand this is a long process. The time frame is sometimes beyond the time of the placement. This includes our follow-up and the transition piece after leaving the program. In some cases, we seek legal advice for the families we serve to address their needs.


Many times, we will refer a student to a wilderness program before attending school. These programs offer 52 -100 days in the wilderness with clinical and education staff. The ages do vary from children to young adults and the setting might vary in parts of the country or a different state. We work with the staff at these programs, which are clinically more intensive treatments. Many programs are designed to teach life skills and provide therapy support. We work with the entire family in this setting. Wilderness programs have summer and year-round programs designed to help students with leadership and/or social skills. These programs rotate with varied ages and genders to allow students to move from one intervention experience to another. Some programs now have family camp programs, which are added to help the dynamic of the family therapy and others address addictive behavior or challenges. We also work with the field staff keeping parents informed of the child's location, physical health and medical concerns in the program, including working in many instances in family therapy in an outdoor experience. 


Parents who select a day boarding school can be both a part of a boarding school or separate, depending on the parents' choice. Students attending a day school have a similar experience to public day schools. We provide the direction to these families explaining the day school processes and what to expect.


Typically adolescents in a alcohol or drug treatment program are separate from adults. Adolescents are not placed by our consultant in adult programs. It simply does not something we would consider or do in treatment. Some adolescents have a dual diagnosis but this still is separate in our placement decision. Those with a psychiatric and chemical dependency diagnosis would be thoughtfully placed in the right setting.


We provide options for payment for our services through our secured and other websites like PayPal® or our online payment options through your banking institution. This allows our clients to receive an invoice for the payment and make payment directly through their choice of Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover or their own banking institution.

Accepted Payment Methods


alt tag   alt tag  alt tag   alt tag   alt tag

We Offer A Free 30 Minute Initial Consultation With Parents

 alt tag    

Professional Member

Schedule An Appointment

Thank you for your interest in our services!
Please click below to schedule an appointment.

office hours

08:00 AM - 06:00 PM Sunday (by appointment)


Educational Planning & Counseling Services

   alt tag   alt tag

Affiliations and memberships